Join the Parade
7th December 2015
We're looking for a talented young designer to 'join the Parade'! This position is available through Jobs Growth Wales and so there's criteria that you'll have to comply with. Check their website for full details here and if you're eligible to apply, read on!
Parade is a small (but proud) design agency based in Newport, South Wales. We produce creative design, branding work, websites, print, illustration and photography for clients across all business sectors. Our ethos of producing great work for every brief and loving what we do means that having fun along the way goes without saying.
Due to our growing client base, Parade is expanding the team. We’re looking for a passionate and talented graduate or junior graphic designer to help us out
Ok, so what does this involve?
You’ll be joining a company where you’ll be able to make the position your own. You’ll be shown the ropes and given the help and support you need, but you will also have the chance to express your creativity and show us what you’re made of. You will be working on a variety of jobs alongside the creative director, freelance designers and web developers and liaising directly with clients. As well as the exciting, conceptual and creative jobs, you will also have to be comfortable doing the ground work – inputting content, client research, resizing images, making mockups, general admin jobs... it’s all part and parcel of a studio job.
Stuff you’ll definitely need:
- Passion and enthusiasm for creative design and respect for the industry
- A degree in graphic design or similar qualification
- A fantastic portfolio showing examples of your work
- Sound knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Additional CS experience is a bonus
- A clear understanding of designing for responsive websites. Brownie points for HTML knowledge
- Excellent written skills
- To be proud of the work you produce, paying attention to detail
Stuff you’ll need to fit in perfectly:
- A relaxed personality including a sense of humour
- To be comfortable working in a small team or flying solo
- To be a good communicator and happy to talk to clients and peers in person and on the phone
- A good work ethic and a professional attitude to your job
- A healthy appetite for doughnuts and (the occasional) beer!
Salary £13K–16K Dependant on candidate
How to apply: You must apply through the Careers Wales website