"Hey, it's the eighties!"
25th August 2015
Like Daniel LaRusso said to Ali when he let her drive his car "Hey, it's the eighties!" And here at Parade, sometimes it really does feel like we're reliving the decade. We're not (too) ashamed to admit that we love all things eighties and nothing gets our creativity flowing better than a bit of 'Absolute Eighties' radio station… Bananarama, Tiffany, Culture Club… in fact, Claire's one step away from perming her hair. And it wasn't a good look the first time around.
Since Lauren has been with us on work experience it’s fair to say that her eighties knowledge has expanded into the realms of ‘80s genius’ and apparently she’s even started to listen to radio stations dedicated to the decade out of the office. She'll be naming her pets 'Salt-N-Pepa' before you know it. We thought we’d get a bit nostalgic today, pop on our fluorescent pink leg warmers and share with you our top ten '80s office tunes. (and a couple of sneaky '90s one's in there too)
*Queue Top of The Pops countdown*:
It look longer than expected to get this list from Claire. She's still changing it.
- The Bangles - Manic Monday
- Queen - I Want to Break Free
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (Or any MJ track)
- Julio Iglesias - Begin the Beguine
- Dire Straits - Walk of life
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance with Somebody
- Stevie Wonder - I just Called to Say I Love You
- Bananarama - Robert De Niro’s Waiting
- Billy Joel - The River of Dreams
- Status Quo - In the Army Now
You’d never guess Lauren was a 90s child with this cheesy array of tracks.
- Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al
- Patrick Swayze - She’s Like the Wind
- A-Ha - Take On Me (Rotoscoping animation at its best!)
- Blondie - Sunday Girl (Two years out of the 80s but a classic)
- The Smiths - Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now
- Phil Collins - Easy Lover
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
- Eurythmics - There Must Be an Angel
What a varied bunch of tracks eh? We hope our mixtape gets you just as creative as it gets us, let us know your favourite '80s tracks and we’ll add them to our office playlist - tweet us @paradedesignuk